We build high quality, custom homes for educated buyers at a reasonable price.
We are licensed, insured, Tarion warranty approved and have a full time crew of 5 carpenters.
A typical Maize Home includes these Green features
- Maize Homes are designed for high livability. While functional kitchens and living areas are a given, we offer Larger than average windows with wider hallways and staircases making each home feel open and inviting.
- R22 / R24 Batt insulation in Exterior Walls
- Additional 1” R6 Polyiso Foam Sheathing Board for total wall value of approx. R29
- An overall Focus on the “Air-Tightedness” level of every home we build
- A ‘Tight’ Building envelope not only optimizes the energy consumption of each home, it allows for the proper control of filtered air
- High Quality Energy Efficient windows that are spray-foamed in place
- Upgraded High Efficiency Furnaces and HRV as a standard
- Sill Plate foam gaskets and Acoustical caulking
Our Shell Packages
With our Shell Package we do the exterior work so you have a completed weather tight structure, that will not be affected by elements and is ready for you to complete at your own pace.
Our Shell Packages can be customized to include as much or as little of the build as you choose.
A typical Shell Package includes
- Custom blueprints
- Excavation and services connected
- Foundation, waterproofing and back-fill
- Framing, roof system, windows and doors
- Shingles optional as well as mechanical rough-ins.